• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 4900 Specs

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
Where can I find specs for an International 4900? When I search for them, the only thing that comes back is used trucks for sale.

Dt

The Engine Shed

Occupation
Self Employed heavy truck and equipment mechanic
Call your local IH truck dealer with the VIN and they should be able to print you out a spec list .

02Dmax

What kind of specs are you looking for? 4900 is just kind of a generic model number. Like a Pete 379.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I'm mainly trying to find the GVRW. Or atleast the difference between the 4700 series.

Dt

There were several combinations, like Pickles said their were single and tandem 4900's and I have even seen tri-axle 4900 dumps.

Basic breakdown-

4700 Series - most of the trucks were 26K GVWR and single axle, however there were combinations of front an rear axles that put the GVW at 28K-33K lbs. The most common set up is a 8K front and 17.5K rear for a 25.5K GVW

4900 Series - Usually 33K to above 60K lb GVW but you can also find a few 26K lb GVW 4900's floating around but they are rare. The most common single axle setup is 12K front and 21K rear for a 33K GVW

You will have to inspect each truck to determine the exact specs, as each one can be different.

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
Thanks for all the replys. I didn't realize their was such a broad range of payloads for them. Anyway, we got the truck yesterday.(eariler than I thought) It is a 1992 4900 6x6, 46000 GVRW. It is a fromer Seebee dump truck.

Thanks again,
Dt