• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Introduction Plus help on a JD 544K attachment aptions.

Junkcars

Whats up people... Just joined this forum i think is awesome the amount of info you can find here! i tried to look for a introduction section for new members but i either didnt find it or this forum doesnt have one. I know in some other forums its good etiquette to introduce yourself before asking questions.

I'd like to get some info on how to go about installing forks on a JD 544k we just bought this thing and it doesnt have a quick coupler its just pretty much the 3 main arms held by pins straight to the bucket. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on its terminology but i will explain the best i can. I need forks and from what i can see there are 2 options qc and pin on style but i cannot find something that takes the 3 arms my 544k has am i missing something in between the carriage and the 3 arms to the machine? I can upload pictures tomorrow I'm sure that will help a lot better. anyways any insight is always appreciated.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Junkcars;)!

i tried to look for a introduction section for new members but i either didnt find it
At the very bottom of the Forum list.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 5.11.47 AM.png

I'd like to get some info on how to go about installing forks

If I recall correctly, I think your only option is to purchase a front coupler kit so you can buy the coupler mounted forks (Paladin attachments). Unless someone knows of a manufacturer who makes pin on. There are hook type, where hooks are welded to the bucket and the forks hang from them, but I don't think the weld-on hook type will work on a "K" bucket.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 5.09.27 AM.png

Junkcars

Welcome to HEF Junkcars;)!

At the very bottom of the Forum list.

View attachment 307647

If I recall correctly, I think your only option is to purchase a front coupler kit so you can buy the coupler mounted forks (Paladin attachments). Unless someone knows of a manufacturer who makes pin on. There are hook type, where hooks are welded to the bucket and the forks hang from them, but I don't think the weld-on hook type will work on a "K" bucket.

View attachment 307648

Got you! i totally missed that section and it was right there!!!

thank you for the info and yes i was doing so much research last night i realized i will need at least a coupler (i think thats what is called) and also forks because, you are right, im having a hard time finding pin on style forks, the ones i've seen arent compatible. I did find someone that can make forks for the industry I'm in (salvage cars) and the salesman told me they can make the direct pin on style but I dont wanna commit myself to having to remove pins every time i need to swap attachment. I am in a tough position tho because -correct me if im wrong- if i find the coupler then i cant use the bucket without removing the pins or welding some type of adapter to be compatible with the new coupler.

Junkcars

if i send you my SN youll be able to tell me the correct kit i need? or at least point me in the right direction of what i need to look for to make sure the part im buying will fit my loader. thats my main problem im having i see the couplers on ebay and ironplanet and some other websites but i dont know which one will fit it. thanks

heymccall

We have a bunch of JRB (paladin) attachments in our going out of business auction. 5' frame with 5' tines, and 8' frames with 6' tines. And 9' angle brooms, and a jib boom, and side dump buckets, and 4in1 buckets.
And 3 and 3.5 cuyd buckets. Westmoreland County, PA.
Hunyady on April 3.
Hell, buy a loader, too.

As for fit up, our Deeres had 3 linkage options.
Parallel, Z-bar, or Powerllel. The parallel has two tilt cylinders.

heymccall

And, if someone has a way to determine, we have a 544GTC, Zbar, w/18k hours and a hole in the engine block. It has a JRB (Paladin) coupler. It goes, too (whole machine). The 544G are 12 volt, and H,J, and K are 24V.

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
if i find the coupler then i cant use the bucket
You can buy plates to replace the pin-on plates. The pin-on plates get cut off and the JRB coupler plates get welded on in their place. See below.

if i send you my SN youll be able to tell me the correct kit i need?
Just post it here. Or just look up your parts here.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.58.45 AM.png

Last edited:

Junkcars

We have a bunch of JRB (paladin) attachments in our going out of business auction. 5' frame with 5' tines, and 8' frames with 6' tines. And 9' angle brooms, and a jib boom, and side dump buckets, and 4in1 buckets.
And 3 and 3.5 cuyd buckets. Westmoreland County, PA.
Hunyady on April 3.
Hell, buy a loader, too.

As for fit up, our Deeres had 3 linkage options.
Parallel, Z-bar, or Powerllel. The parallel has two tilt cylinders.
sorry about the late reply i havent had time to log in how do i contact you or get some more info ? i sent you a PM

Junkcars

just wanted to say thank you all for helping me in this quest and expanding my understanding of what my options are. I still havent bought anything yet but at least now i know what i need to look for.