• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Invicta Haul Truck

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
my grandparents had thier 60 th wedding anniversery this week end. and much to to my delight it was held at Robsons Mining World.(my grandad is so cool!!!!!!!!)
anyway here is one of many pieces of equipment that i took pictures of. this haul truck is an Invicta?? i googled it and all i come up with is an european company that makes cars. no mention of heavy equipment. also a decal that reads "wide Boots". any body have any info? it would be appreciated. thanks in advance..

Attachments

• invicta haul truck edit.jpg
    invicta haul truck edit.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,406
  • invicta haul truck front edit.jpg
    invicta haul truck front edit.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • invicta wide boots edit.jpg
    invicta wide boots edit.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,157

Wulf

Its an Aveling Barford made in Grantham England. Invicta was just their logo and I presume its latin. They were a good truck in their day and they had a very nice range of equipment. They were taken over by British Leyland in the seventies.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
thanks so much..
its kinda crazy that this truck ended up in the middle of the arizona desert!!!!!!!
thanks again

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
i never realized what a huge company these guys were.. actually i had never heard of them!!!:)

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Nice pic! Cool anniversary too!!

I'm not sure if they're still there, but there used to be three or four of the old timers sitting on the dead line at the old Copper Cities mine near Miami. A few old Darts, Euclids and Whites were keeping them company. I always wondered about their history too.

Sure makes you wonder how those could've made much money when compared to the 240 ton standards of the industry today!!

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
isthe copper cities mine the one that is right in miami??
i think i will have to take a trip up there before it gets too hot.
if you ever get a chance to go robsons mining world, do it!! it was alot of fun.

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Copper Cities is the one around the corner on 88/188/whatever it is this week going toward Roosevelt - the farthest one out.

If you want a fun little trip, drive up the road here to Morenci and from the highway pulloff/lookout, as well as just the highway itsself, you can get REALLY up close and personal with the big boys. PD also has a free tour where there's an old 240 ton Dresser or Komatsu for the public to climb up on.

Only problem with Morenci right now is this stupid snow. Someone decided to flip the "winter" switch a bit on the late side, but it makes running those haul roads extra fun!!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Nothing like doing donuts in a rock truck:cool: .