• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is a WBM 250 Series coupler same as CAT coupler ?

roadrunner

Will my bucket and attachments on my Hitachi 230/270 excavators (WBM 250 series coupler)interchange with a CAT 325/329 coupler ,machine size buckets or will I have to get the cutting torch out?
I have heard that there may be a coupler available to pin on a CAT 325/329 that will take Deere 250 series buckets ? Does anyone know if this is true?

Last edited:

big ben

Yes assuming you have basic wedge lugged Cat buckets they should be 250 std WBM lugging in that size range (325D not 325F or NG as those are 200)

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Could be an FAS coupler on that CAT too. They look similar to WBM/CWS. Someone told me that FAS was Finning's attempt at making their own coupler system. No idea how much truth there is to that.

big ben

Could be an FAS coupler on that CAT too. They look similar to WBM/CWS. Someone told me that FAS was Finning's attempt at making their own coupler system. No idea how much truth there is to that.
You are not wrong but FAS is about as common as hens teeth these days. A few legacy customers left running it but some are floating around.

FAS - Finning Attachment System.

The buckets and/or coupler should then be Finning branded if it is FAS

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
You are not wrong but FAS is about as common as hens teeth these days. A few legacy customers left running it but some are floating around.

FAS - Finning Attachment System.

The buckets and/or coupler should then be Finning branded if it is FAS
There's still a suprising amount out there in use. Used to work for an attachment dealer and I'd say about every month or 2 we'd get a request for something with FAS-2 on it. Seen a few FAS brackets made by WBM too.