• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is any CAT engine inter changeable with a 3204 (casting # 7N8600)?

RBH

I have a Cat. 1993 D4C with a 3204 engine. The block is messed up and I can not find a block anywhere! Does anybody know if any other Cat engine would have the same bolt pattern to bolt up on my machine (1993 D4C)?

Bluox

I have a Cat. 1993 D4C with a 3204 engine. The block is messed up and I can not find a block anywhere! Does anybody know if any other Cat engine would have the same bolt pattern to bolt up on my machine (1993 D4C)?
You will have better luck looking for a 45Z 3204 engine ,That should be the serial number of your engine.
It was used in probably 30 + machines.
Bob

Reactions: DB2

Dave Neubert

used blocks go for $5000.00 now what is wrong with your block I have had some fixed with holes popped in cyls. sides can be welded if not in water jacket. you can get cranks even aftermarket cranks give good service