• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is this normal?

512high

Hi Everyone, I have a 2011 John Deere 244J compact wheel loader, no issues I think. I am new to this type of equipment, so please bare with me!(lol) I had the Hydraulic fluid/filter replaced 2 months ago, this unit is ONLY used for snow removal etc. I looked at the sight glass and level was perfect, right at the "full" mark. We have had almost 4 feet of snow in the last week or so, I have put a total of 6 hours here and there moving piles etc. Last week I parked it in the shop, looked at the level after turning engine off and I think it was just below the "full" mark. 2-3 days later without running it, I looked and it was just above the "full" mark, I guess things have to settle?

And last! I have a o-ring that weeps off a hyro line towards front bucket, may drip a few days and leave a trickle in a pan I put under neath, not sure if it drips when using the loader, but stops after the machine sits for a day or so, and when I say trickle I mean very very minor. thanks! Philip

Diesel_doc89

Occupation
Machine Operator for Universal Fibers
the level can change depending on how the bucket is tilted or if it is raised. the leak is best to be dealt with asap. could just be a loose hose or line. the reason it leaks after running is the oil gets hot and the viscosity raises, making it easier to leak where cold oil wouldn't