• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ISO "615" Key for Komatsu PC60-7

Mark A Weiss

I've still got the fuel cap and the locks on the door and engine compartment that use the original 615 key. I replaced the ignition recently and that uses the new "787" key. However, I need backup spares for the other locks. I've searched on "Komatsu 615 key" but the results all show places selling 787 keys.
Does anyone know who sells the 615?

EX-615 Key.png

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Mark,

If you are unable to locate one closer to your AO, I have one on my Komatsu master key chain you can have. I can stick it in an envelope and mail it to you on Monday. Send me a PM with your addy. Can’t say that I’ve used it in the last 25 years. 9BF01DE7-9CF4-4227-B985-05EE71C0EB58.jpeg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The 787 key fits nearly all Komatsu ignitions and most doors. Each machine type does have a different number key that only fits that type of machine, but the dealers only want carry one key in stock.

Mark A Weiss

I have tried the 787 keys, but they don't fit the locks on the fuel tank, door or engine compartment. I suspect 787 is the US version and 615 is the Japanese version, as my machine appears to be grey market.

Nick Berardi

Mark, any chance you can make a copy of that? My wife lost the key to our grey market PC40 MR-2 and I’m guessing that’s the key I need to, as the 787 is not working

Mark A Weiss

Mark, any chance you can make a copy of that? My wife lost the key to our grey market PC40 MR-2 and I’m guessing that’s the key I need to, as the 787 is not working
The reason I had to ask for one here is because the machines at Lowes and Home Depot don't have that key in their database, so I could not get copies made. I have no means to duplicate this type of key available, unfortunately.

skyking1

I'm thinking you're right. McCall.
The 787 goes in the hole. It just does not work the tumblers.

Nick Berardi

@Mark A Weiss if you are able to give it a try I can Venmo you some money even if it doesn’t work.

Wife is looking for the key now that our big upick farm event is over, but the El Niño rain here in NY has me needing to put some new culverts in the sooner the better :(

Mark A Weiss

@Mark A Weiss if you are able to give it a try I can Venmo you some money even if it doesn’t work.

Wife is looking for the key now that our big upick farm event is over, but the El Niño rain here in NY has me needing to put some new culverts in the sooner the better :(
I don't have any resources nearby that can duplicate this key. I had to turn to this forum just to get one myself. The local shops can't duplicate "special" keys like this, not in their cutter database unfortunately.

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
Need an old school manual key cutter that just copies what’s there as long as you have the right blank