• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Issues throwing 400mm rubber track off 304 in stationary turns

nonprod

Occupation
Re-Tired
Hello all -
A coupla times I've lost the right rubber track on a 2006 304CR mini, while in stationary turn, full forward one track, full reverse the other, though the adjuster is about as pumped as I can get it, the track is never hanging less than about 5/8" from the center rollers. Anybody got any ideas on this, beyond: "Your adjuster valve or piston or idler components are all mucked up - you'll have to take it all apart and see what's what." The system doesn't seem to leak grease when the valve is closed tight. People did tell me the adjusters are trouble on these things.

Since you can see in the adjuster moving the idler in the cutaway in the undercarridge shield, you can see where it has been set for years, but you can't get it tighter than that, to push the spring further, and the idler tighter on the track rail. I guess the spring could be shot. Next time I'm out there I'll take some photos, shoulda done that already but...

TIA - gibbs

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.59.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.59.46 PM.png
    537 KB · Views: 3