• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Isuzu 4bd1

Driver2022

Have a machine here with an Isuzu 4bd1t engine in it. I'm wondering can I buy a kit with both the sensor, wire and clock which will read the oil pressure.

I'm looking for something I can screw into the engine and then have a clock reading the pressure in the cab?

I currently have nothing.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Of course you can, there are any number of oil pressure gauge kits which come with everything you need.
The only thing you need to decide on is whether you want an electric oil pressure gauge, or a capillary-type gauge.

An electric oil pressure gauge uses an electrically-activated sender unit screwed into an oil gallery in the block, to send an electrical signal via a wire to the electrically-operated gauge in the cabin.

A capillary-type gauge uses a small diameter (about 3mm) length of plastic piping, connected to a pipe fitting screwed into an oil gallery in the block, to transfer oil under engine oil pressure to the pressure-activated gauge in the cabin.

The disadvantage with the capillary-style gauge is you need to make sure the oil gauge line cannot become damaged, or the engine will pump its oil out of the damaged capillary line.

The disadvantage with the electric gauge is that you need to run electrical power to the sender unit - and it is preferable that the power comes from the ignition side of the key, so that the sender is powered down when the key is off.

Then, once you've decided on the style of gauge operation, you have to decide on whether you need 12 volt or 24 volt, and whether you need a pointer-style gauge or an LED-style gauge. And of course, you need to choose the diameter of the gauge.
2"/52mm is the most common size, but you can buy larger diameter gauges.

Here is an electrically-operated 12V, pointer-style gauge on eBay UK. You may have to purchase an additional length of wiring.