• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

It Runs!1982 IH Paystar Dump

Sled Puller

Occupation
IUOE 66
We have been building ponds on the farm for years with various equipment. Ye old standby was a 1964 IH R200 Gas single axle dump.Hundreds if not thousands of loads. It sucks. Had my eye out for years for a bigger better dump, Diesel, and Tandem.

Found the Paystar at an auction, no title, did not run to sell. Paid scrap price, had it hauled home, and after rebuilding the starter, the 3406 Cat fired right up. Needless to say, I was quite pleased, and even happier when it dumped.

The frame has cracks from rust build up between the rails, and the cab is pretty well junk. It does have a tag axle I dont need, and an electric tarp, frame work and motor, tarp is done for. Anyone know where I could find a decent cab?

Shimmy1

I think the cabs are same as any Transtar tractor. Needless to say they weren't much to brag about when new, now they're 30 yrs old.