• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 260 ISO vs H settings: how can I add pin numbers so each operator has his setting

Kater

Occupation
Retired (computer teacher and marketing/advertisin
When I got my JCB 260 there was confusion when it arrived without the ISO/H pattern activated. The young man who came from Milwaukee area was nice enough to battle with corporate to get the codes needed via email and actually drove back to add this the 2nd day of my skid loader ownership.

However, I expected a pin number for each operator as I had understood the system worked. However, the operator's manual does not describe this in detail.

The other day I realized why this is so important. My cousin switched to H and when I jumped in and was backing out of my building....I expected to back out and whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I slid to the right and immediately realized why.

I have an email in to my salesman, but have not heard back.

Wondered if anyone has the answers out there...how to add the pin numbers or was he supposed to add them when I asked him that day, but corporate did not supply him with enough programming code.

I was told this was a $163 option, but $900 option if you add after purchase. fyi

Kater

Occupation
The word is there is a way to add pins yourself, but as of now...it does not save the information for the operator (ISO vs H).

durallymax

Isn't it just a button you have to push to select either one? Seems faster than entering a Pin anyways. unless you have to enter a pin to start it as is then I guess its one more step to check.

Kater

Occupation
JCB Keyless start

THANKS durallymax, I received two sets of instructions which were not in the operator's manual, so I have not tried to enter more yet.
It's a keyless start situation, and I found out that it will not keep the settings for each pin number/operator as I had hoped (for example, ISO vs H settings), but maybe in future JCB machines, they will add this feature.
I have one initial pin number, changed from the factory given number.
When it arrived it started for anyone. :cool:
Not now!:Banghead

durallymax

Gotcha, that would be nice if it would save it.

The Cats make you pick your pattern before you can unlock Park after starting. Have to shut it off to change pattern but this way it's always the pattern you want because you have to pick it when you start it. At first it was annoying but it just becomes routine to push the pattern button, it's right next to the park lock so it's convenient.

The Bobcat and NH machines I've been in had a toggle rocker switch.

In your case though it knows the operator based on the code so having it remember the pattern would be a nice feature. Probably will have it on the next series haha.

Last edited:

Kater

Occupation
My ISO H is way to the left, no way by the park, that is a great feature. Thanks for embellishing to this newbie.

durallymax

My ISO H is way to the left, no way by the park, that is a great feature. Thanks for embellishing to this newbie.

This image is actually from a demo "d" series machine we had awhile back. Did not have the pattern changer which goes in the blank switch space below the key. Start the engine, hit the pattern, hit the park, good to go. Has its advantages and disadvantages.

20140209_193454_zpsee22a0e9.jpg

Kater

Occupation
Here is the JCB 260 2015 model...the ISO/H pattern buttons are way to the left side of the cab (iso fourth lighted on top, H underneath it, lighted);
The park and hydraulics, buttons, etc. needed to press each time you move, are on the far right.ISO PHOTO JCB.jpg Also at far right are the pin number buttons.

Last edited:

durallymax

Looks like its a membrane switch setup so you can't swap them with switches near the park which would be a little better.

Have to correct myself on the Cat switch, don't have to shut it off to change pattern just need to set parking brake (on D series at least).

Kater

Occupation
Interesting...thanks for thought provoking posts.