• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 3cx overheating

Mlinde15

Good day, i have a 2006 JCB 3cx backhoe with engine overheating issue.

Quick history: Crankshaft broke, overhauled engine with new standard Crankshaft and bearings. Now all of a sudden engine overheats when driving or working hydraulics. Transmission oil temp light also goes on. Running the tlb in fourth gear stalls engine.

Everything was working fine before. Could the torque converter or Transmission be damaged and causing engine to labour too much? What could be causing this?

Delmer

Did this happen when first starting it after the rebuild? Yes, the torque converter could be putting too much pressure on the crankshaft, investigate before running it more.

Mlinde15

Yes, before the rebuild it was running totally fine. We suspected the crankshaft broke because of torque converter to flywheel misalignment. The flywheel was worn where torque converter fits to it. Now the engine overheats within 10 minutes of operating under load.

Delmer

That's above my pay grade, but I'd keep looking before you run it much at all. Is the engine to transmission tight, or did that show any signs of movement?

Vetech63

Anytime you have an issue come up after major repair work, it usually has something to do with an area of the work that was performed. Is there a chance that something was damaged when the engine was being stabbed?