• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
We have a 426e loading shovel and one of my guys serviced it recently but he put Trans-Ax oil back in the transmission rather than the G3 that should be in there, since then we have flushed it through several times with proper flush and oil but it keeps slipping when driving it will rev up as normal but it will only crawl along and this happens in whatever gear your in, sometimes if you turn it off and back on again its works perfect for a couple of minutes and then goes back hardly moving again. Any help or knowledge on this would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Jimmy,

not sure which t/m type is in there. ZF 4 or 5WG210? or 190?
This type of t/m will throw error codes on dash whenever a clutch is slipping. And t/m will drop to neutral. With ignition off and on it will repeat procedure.
Please check

Hi Jimmy,

not sure which t/m type is in there. ZF 4 or 5WG210? or 190?
This type of t/m will throw error codes on dash whenever a clutch is slipping. And t/m will drop to neutral. With ignition off and on it will repeat procedure.
Please check
Thank you, so it is a ZF transmission and it throws up ZF C2 sometimes when it happens but for the first time yesterday when i was loading a lorry it went into neutral and wouldn't move regardless of what gear I tried

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Jimmy,

ZF "C2" fault code indicates a short "overload" of transmission input torque. No fear, there is no real issue or damage. It might happen close to stall condition of converter (resp. penetrating pile).
TCU will shift to neutral and keep it unless ignition OFF/ON. Or even main battery switch for 10 sec.
As long as you see no "B1...B7" code no clutch is slipping, so good news, I guess.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hmmm, mechanically no idea. Feel happy you have a strong engine.

But apart from jokes: Ask JCB for a possible software update.
I'm pretty sure you are not the only one with this phenomenon.
Are you penetrating pile in 2nd or 1st?
If 2nd, use 1st.