• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 530 Telehandler Wont charge

bradley1975us

Help, I have a 530B Telehandler and the charging system is not working, I replaced the alternator, Ignition Switch, and have had the starter checked out and nothing has fixed the issue, I am at a loss at what else it could be. any suggestions would be great

Thanks

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
I once had a blown charge lamp bulb that caused the same symptoms, is your bulb lighting when the ignition is switched on?

jay2013

sounds like the power wire from alt to battery light is damaged.. the small wire that comes from the back of the alt has no power when engine is not running making the wire a negative making the battery light come on (as the power side to bulb is feed via a wire from ing switch) when engine is running the wire from alt becomes positive turning light out :) hope this helps...