• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB JS160 problem, won't start

FarmerFromFinland

I have a 2008 JCB JS160 tierIII and it got 6800 hours. I have owned it 7 months now and had a few fault codes, mostly damp days, nothing serious yet.

Today i washed it with pressure washer to clean it before service. After i let it dry few hours i had two new fault codes and engine won't fire. It rotates nicely but nothing. Fault codes are eng P1632 and eng P1635 and it flashes low power text on screen. I have service manual and it says IGKEY power battery is 5.5 V or more, or 4.5 V or less, so somekind of electrical failure.

Anybody had same issue or any ideas where to look before i call repairman to check it up? Thanks in advance.

CDNDIESELMONKEY

Those are engine fault codes. Probably going to be hard to diagnose without service master software. Better get the dealership out. Of course check basic stuff first. No fuel in water, alternator charging etc

Delmer

Disconnect the quick connectors in the wiring harness in the suspected areas that got wet, like the ECU and any of the important sensors, let them dry, then spray with silicone spray, (maybe even silicone grease, don't know if that's a good idea really, look it up).

Put it all together and see what happens. Let us know what you have to do to get it going again.

Welder Dave

From what I was reading on electronic engines in trucks, the last thing you ever want to do is take a pressure washer to them. I think it would be the same for any equipment with lots of electronic components.