• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb/volvo skid steer

cat320

Charter Member
Just curious if anyone has the one arm machines? how are they performing vs the regular one with the climb in thru the front. I assume jcb makes it for Volvo but uses Volvos engine instead of there's? . they seam like a good machine .

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I run a rental on a job loaded 2 of my 20yd dumpsters with sand .I think it was the 1,500 -1,800 pd working ld rubber tire machine. it was ok but did not impress me I've been on skid steers for about 30 years it was better than the old 743 bobcats but thats not saying much. I have been on jobs that they have had 3 or 4 rental machines out there trying to keep one running talk to the local rental mech's if you can. from what I've heard they hate them. They seem like a neat idea but JCB has never seem to have good dealer support or supported the dealers very well in our area

popsiclepete

Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
Looked at Volvo this spring but the price was 10K more than the case SR200. A for the size and horsepower both where about equal. Couldn't justify paying 10K to enter from the side.
The same dealer handles both brands so that wasn't the concern, the mechanic said that most of the initial bugs had been look after and that reliability was much better.

cat320

Charter Member
I saw the Volvo at the new England grows show very briefly and from what I remember it seamed a little bit pricy but they guy there didn't seam to know to much about the machine in my opinion when I asked him servicing questions. Clintm I'm surprised from down in your area your not that far from them at least a lot closer to the plant than I am you think service would be better and faster down there . don't really see to many of them running around here . so they are 1 probably poor machine and service stinks like you said and they are way over priced for what they are ?
really no video on youtube of anyone running them

hmearth

A mate got one he couldn't move it unless it was on a trailer
And had to be careful were he stopped getting out of the thing with that big side door

hmearth

A mate got one he couldn't move it unless it was on a trailer
And had to be careful were he stopped getting out of the thing with that big side door

k45

The side door doesn't work very well if you ever want to add OTT tracks. Since I run tracks 99% of the time.....

CDNDIESELMONKEY

The volvo is built by JCB with a JCB engine as well. I can get you all the specs if you desire. A JCB tech can even plug his laptop into a volvo and do diagnostics, monitoring etc.
The one arm has lifetime warranty and I have never seen any break. Especially the asphalt guys like them because regular arms tend to crack with the repetitive heavy lifting. But everyone has their preferences and price is ALWAYS a huge factor! :D