• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 160 lc and BTI #5000 hammer

Eric

My side job.
101_0898.jpg

101_0899.jpg

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
That low bed isn't looking too healthy, looks like it has a case of "the bends".

Eric

Yeah, it's a 1978 combine trailer. If you see any hump in the road you got to mash on it or you'll highcenter. Always an adventure!

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah, it's a 1978 combine trailer. If you see any hump in the road you got to mash on it or you'll highcenter. Always an adventure!

so speed bumps and railroad tracks are not your friend with 4" of clearance:D

our lowboy driver bottomed out on some railroad tracks with the tralor as high as it would go, had to unchain the boom of the excavator a give her a little "push"

Last edited:

rino1494

I would hate to go across the crown of the road with that trailor.

How are those BTI hammers ?? I have seen them at auctions, but never heard anything about them.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I'm curious about those BTI's as well, there's a slight possibility my dad might be adding a small hammer for our mini, I'm doing a little research for him right now. I've heard a little about BTI, but not a whole lot. Care to elaborate?

Eric

The BTI is awsome. I would say bullet proof. We have 3 of them and have had nothing but good use out of them. The man I work for swears by them, he came from San Diego where he ran #10,000 hammers and such. He also worked all over Arkansas and Oklahoma before moving to New Mexico. He says that not only are they about the best he's ever run, they are also the cheapest to rebuild. I think Gorilla Hammers may have bought them out but it is the same hammer. Check out the web site or google Gorilla hammers.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JoeS1989! :drinkup

coopers

We had BTI hoe packs and breakers on our backhoes and 120 on up excavators at Birch Equipment Rental. They worked really well I don't remember ever havign a problem with them.

Blake
WA

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
do u side load any thing bigger than 160?
have a 200 with a tabrelt not sure to side load or not?

Eric

I havn't yet. The 160 is our biggest machine. But our trailer is about worn out so we really won't haul a heavier machine with it. However, if your trailer is stout enough I wouldn't hesitate to side load on it if you had to. Side loading works great for us because we do alot of work in neighborhoods and we don't have to unload on the street, we just pull up to the yard and off we go.

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
do u feel this has hurt your trailer? I am in the same boat with works great to side load. do it a lot with ex 110 but have never done with ex 200 or 270
i think the trailer would take but hate to be wrong. i never seen any body doing it here. it seems that most of the trailer here or rear loads or tilt beds