• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 350 C oil transfer

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Hey new here ...I've got a customer with a JD350C that is tranfering oil from the reverser gear box to the rear end . I understand that the most logical place that this happening is a leak in one or both steering clutches...I've been in the left side years ago and he stated at first it was better but not cured.
I'm a firm believer in test not guess , so I made a plate to bolt on where the steering clutch valve bolts to the rear end. Drilling my inlet and return oil passages so that i can apply air and find my leak. The shop manual shows a simillar deal just on the steering clutch itself. My plate deal i figure will simulate the whole circut ...Well it will hold air pressure about 50 psi for as long as you want till you let it off ...THERE TIGHT .
Just wondering if any one has run into this problem??? Thanks, Kold

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Sorry more to the story It apperently transfered oil enough times that it burnt up a bearing in the reverser , which I now have on the bench gettin ready to fix ...Thanks again