• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 35D gold pearl hydraulic oil

LuvMahChein

Some other tear down stuffs

Attachments

• B679B2FE-B445-4EEB-B94E-EA3075E29BFA.jpeg
    B679B2FE-B445-4EEB-B94E-EA3075E29BFA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 08CFBA08-F3A5-44DC-9415-A0FE58F00E5B.jpeg
    08CFBA08-F3A5-44DC-9415-A0FE58F00E5B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 409CF5B3-F983-453C-B06C-B6487D036F0A.jpeg
    409CF5B3-F983-453C-B06C-B6487D036F0A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 28F91B65-FBF3-4E19-A3A4-1C949417F74B.jpeg
    28F91B65-FBF3-4E19-A3A4-1C949417F74B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

LuvMahChein

Complete machine, had to clean it up. Hadn’t had a bath in years it seemed. Removed all tin and pressure washed 2000psi 40*head everywhere it could take it.

Attachments

• 837F00E8-A9D4-48CD-9D3A-2DDEE508FFD0.jpeg
    837F00E8-A9D4-48CD-9D3A-2DDEE508FFD0.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 0DAF0E8A-01EC-4E0E-A226-1F33DEE6A7D2.jpeg
    0DAF0E8A-01EC-4E0E-A226-1F33DEE6A7D2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 29
  • 2EF56B8D-1049-4989-9250-0572F8F39C2E.jpeg
    2EF56B8D-1049-4989-9250-0572F8F39C2E.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 29
  • FEEC6CD3-C078-4EBF-B756-BC60DD05DB6E.jpeg
    FEEC6CD3-C078-4EBF-B756-BC60DD05DB6E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've seen worse on the swing gears. Some of the minis don't have a pan under the swing gear. There is a grease fitting somewhere hidden that squirts out on the gear. An operation and maintenance manual would tell you that. The case drain hose is supposed to go back to the hydraulic tank and not to the drive gears.

LuvMahChein

I've seen worse on the swing gears. Some of the minis don't have a pan under the swing gear. There is a grease fitting somewhere hidden that squirts out on the gear. An operation and maintenance manual would tell you that. The case drain hose is supposed to go back to the hydraulic tank and not to the drive gears.

there actually is a pan under swing on this one. And there is two grease fittings in there. Seems one is for the swing gear pinion and the other is for the swing ring gear. Both are situated maybe 90* apart from each other. Did see manual how to grease them. And buddy was it crazy over greased!? 3” thick at least from the pinion mesh into the catch pan! Now the hoses- there are two 1/4” hoses on front side where the main 3/8 pressure hoses connect. Hard to see em. They are stacked on a tee. One is to tank and the other goes backwards to the control valves area. Theres a short 3/8 hose that is also all by itself on the side that seems to go to drain manifold? TM2264 copy I have doesn’t have the hydraulics schematic.... caint figure that out yet. eBay manuals hmmmmm....

LuvMahChein

Ok didn’t feel like pulling swing motor back out for a ring gear tooth pic. BUT, I did get a chance to begin the fluid change out from dollar store oil back to hitachi oil. I found some larger brass slivers of sort and all seemed very thin like gold leaf but very minor to zero sludge and almost zero metal pieces, the only tiny bits I found were stuck in the suction filter. I’m thinking prior ownership must have done a cheap flush after the last catastrophe- changed the return filter and refilled system calling it done. Dates on filters were April 2021.

So after tank was empty, I vacuumed out the bottom of residual oil and metal flakes, then wiped it down with microfiber cloth. Then I put 3- 1” neodymium magnets on the walls near the small return line ports and one on the floor near bottom of suction filter. So if any crap gets past the bypass on return filter side I’m hoping these guys will catch any Ferrous metals. Just changing the tank only let me do 10 gals of the 15.3 gals total system.

Of course now that I replaced the oring between swing motor and gear box, all systems work again like the day I got it home! No travel right side failure, musta been the lack of pressure from oring case leak?
F9272178-1D78-4703-883D-D804BB75FC7A.jpeg
4D33DFF1-CE86-4CBA-8ED6-92AA25604477.jpeg

LuvMahChein

I think I have a travel spool going out. Both are off from each other maybe 1/4-1/2” at the handles. Maybe a solenoid acting intermittently. Comes and goes while using machine.

LuvMahChein

I got some work done on this thang today. Last week I got the system back up and running after fluids/ filter changes etc. working overall solid again like the day I got it. Well at some point the right track motor intermittently faults. I play with travel stick and bap! It starts working again. Did this a number of times while using machine to later notice, crap! Puddle oil again while working. Hop off and she’s pissing center mass again! Geerrrrr. Pop the cab up and whadya know? Slew motor to gear box oring AGAIN!.... only this time minor bulge than before but still pooped out no less. Well I put the case bolts (All 2 of them) down at 103ft lbs like book said but she spits it out like a lamas under load. I pull bolts out, pry up motor and shoop! She pulls back inside like a cold day on an uncircumcised tool in a swimming pool! So I bolt it back down and apply 130ftlbs for extra measure.... ya I know, but it also requires 6+” of extensions with socket to clear the torque wrench head figuring this outta make up the torque loss. Gudentight? Sure till I fire it up and nope..... still seeping.

what’s the trick to these confounded contraptions? Landing grove, flare ends and channel oring seats in all seem legit, no issues... maybe the motor plate is warped ?

I pressure tested the pilot line feeding into the side of case- idle no load =0 psi, idle under load with safety switch bypassed charging the pilot circuit- 500psi.
Threw gauge on the case drain port labeled port M. - 0 psi
This is drain from left and right slew dumps.
So reinstalled the pilot pressure line that give 500psi back to slew motor and right away half case oring leaking.
At a loss right now what I can do to extra beef that oring and not blow out.
Any suggestions???
92U 3406 ?
Coaldust?
John C.?
Thirty5D?
Anybod A?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
That's a tricky one. Normally o-rings don't spit out like that unless there's space for them to squeeze in to. You're sure there's no damage to the o-ring groove? The 2 mating surfaces of the housing are flat and smooth? The 2 parts of the housing are fully mated together square?

LuvMahChein

That's a tricky one. Normally o-rings don't spit out like that unless there's space for them to squeeze in to. You're sure there's no damage to the o-ring groove? The 2 mating surfaces of the housing are flat and smooth? The 2 parts of the housing are fully mated together square?

so I have to check it out. I do know the gear box has a L shape base for the oring to sit on. The motor base is groved with a flare opening edge to the gearbox. I’ll get pics when I tear it apart and post result. Also I found that my “M port” hose for drain of left right circuits was crushed on both ends of the crimps so it could have been check valving to restrict discharge and cause higher case pressure? This is replaced now but still need to check out the oring gland

LuvMahChein

Update: swing motor hasn’t blown another seal since I fixed the track motor lines. Apparently the prior ownership replaced a drive. Said drive was hooked up wrong! They had the high speed and case drain lines reversed! Doing so would pump high pressure to the low press side and path least resistance??? Yup swing motor main oring. Now that’s fixed she purrs like a kitten and works like a dog. Found out machine has quick connect fittings on pilot system drain lines ! Replaced internal fitting orings and all oil seeps gone!