• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 755A Track Loader

bull

Okay, here's the deal.

I have found a 1983 755A with 6100 hrs, right side won't pull under load.

New tranny (15k) in 2005 at 5300 hrs.

"Supposedly", new drive motors (not sure about this, rumor).

Looks good, engine runs good, coolant looks good.

Issue: J D Dealer says if it is an internal problem, would run about 20 k ...per side. Ouch!

Dealer also says a tech could tell in about an hour whether the problem might be a flow adjustment which might solve the problem. If not adjustable, then the 20k applies.

Problem is, the machine is out of state and a long way from nearest dealer. Nearest Dealer wants 1000.00 for a service call.

I can get the machine for under 5 k.

Worth a 1000.00 gamble?

Thanks in advance.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
There is forum member "Powerjoke" that did have a JD trackloader for sale, you may want to check with him on it.
I would not buy the loader under those circumstances if it was me, 20K is a huge amount to risk having to put into a machine of that age. I would never do it -JMO

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
I might have them look at it, it would be a alright deal if it is ok for under 6000$

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
yup that's me lol thanks for the plug jbgash,

inbox me if your interested but mine is a 855. it runs quite frequently here on the farm at the stockpile loading trucks, it's a good ole machine and quite a horse! i was going to retire it and put one of the 963c's on light duty.....

i dont know alot about the old deere's but i've heard there expensive if they arent operating right but i can't understand why they are pretty simple and straight forward maybe it's just the parts availiability.

btw JBGASH, the machine is only setting about 30mi from you ;)

pj

bull

OK, thanks for the info.

Anyone know a JD Tech in the West Plains, MO area? Maybe retired or someone who can work on JD 755A's?

I know about the Springfield dealership ( they are the one's wanting 1k to do the service call and diagnose).

Thanks again.

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
That is pretty close to me i will do some checking.murphy has some good guys that i would trust to tell me right on a deal like this, but 1000$ is alot of money when it might be for nothing.