• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD700k trouble codes

kevman6

We have a 2013 JD 700K dozer with trouble codes ECU641.7 and VCU2359.5. I can't find reference to these codes. Any diag help is greatly appreciated. Recent purchase for us with 7900 hours. Ser # 1T0700KXHDE241940

Thanks
Mike
[email protected]

TNB

Occupation
P-on
We have a 2013 JD 700K dozer with trouble codes ECU641.7 and VCU2359.5. I can't find reference to these codes. Any diag help is greatly appreciated. Recent purchase for us with 7900 hours. Ser # 1T0700KXHDE241940

Thanks
Mike
[email protected]
641.07 is the age old turbo actuator code..no “actual and desired mismatch” codes to accompany? If you manually run the turbo actuator linkage through its course is it sticky?

kevman6

Thanks, did just that and the code went away for the actuator. Blade lift hydraulics seem slow, but tilt responds well. Otherwise runs well. I'm going to change all the filters, oil appears clean. hoping it's not a weak pump, but tilt responds quickly. And suggestions here also will be a great help.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Is this an IGC (EH controls) or mechanically controlled (linkage from handle to the valve) control valve?

kevman6

This has joystick with linkage to a three valve control valve below it. There is some movement if the ball joints at both the joystick end and the valve end of the rod. I have ordered new ball joint connectors for it. There is some leakage at the valve top o rings, but that shouldn't change the speed of movement. Hopefully the new parts will cure the slow lift problem. I would think that if i'm only opening the valve part way, that could be the problem.

kevman6

So... put new linkage on the valve that lifts the blade, but doesn't help other then take up a little slop. With linkage disconnected, engine at 980 RPM, manually depressing the valve will not raise the blade. RPM must be above 1350 to get enough pressure to lift the blade. Tilt works fine at 980 RPM. Filters have been changed, and hyd oil is full. is there an inline screen that could be plugged?, or any adjustment for pressure?

mikebramel

Probably just takes more pressure to raise the blade and your set up is leaking by /not generating required. If it's only at lower rpm sounds like you have a gear pump

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No inline screen. Pressures and flows will need to be checked.

kevman6

Pressure fell odd drastically when loaded at 2000 RPM. Put in a new aftermarket pump yesterday. Something to note if your doing this with an aftermarket pump. Pump is identical except for a small relief that needs to be ground into the case where the bolts must clear the housing to be fastened. Its there on the original and will save you some time if you do it before installation.

kevman6

Pressure would only start at 1300, but would fall off to 550 when the load was held. Put the new pump in and pressure held at 3300 psi even under load, and YES it is fixed. Thank You and all the commented for the assistance