• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 1055 Tele throttle issue -- random intermittent zero throttle response.

Galstaf

Last few days I have issue with the throttle on a 1055 not responding to being pressed.
I can start the machine, make it rev for a few seconds then it dies down to idle/creep mode. Only movable at idle in first gear (extremely slow).
All the hydraulic functions work normally... just won't rev.
The top left hydraulic gauge goes from 50% down to almost zero.
When you press the throttle peddle it makes a slight pressure up noise like it is trying to do something but the machine is shutting it down.

The kicker is this is intermittent. Sometimes it fires up and works totally normally within a few minutes of misbehaving. So this is clearly not a mechanical hardware issue like a pump, but a sensor or computer issue. There are also no mechanical scraping or horrible noises.
It is cold right now (around freezing temperature) even in Alabama especially in the morning... so any thoughts on if that could have an impact?

Anyone experienced this, and what did you do to fix it? Please answer for someone that has a good mechanical background, decent understanding of vehicle electrics but not much experience with a telehandler.

Thanks!
Bill

SR-71

Bill - I suggest giving JLG Tech Support a call and see what they have to say. Also ask them if a JLG Analyzer for your unit would be able to help you identify the problem. I purchased a JLG Analyzer for my JLG Lift. It was fairly inexpensive and offers a wealth of information.

Butch
JLG T500J