• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 1930es Scissor Lift code 311

Mechanicsville804

Good morning all,

I have a JLG 1930es scissor lift that is locked out, it is giving me a 311 code. checked power at the signal wire for the contactor and found 24v, power is also coming in on one leg of the main battery power to the contactor but the cotactor will not stay closed. Any advice and direction welcome!

Txhayseed

Have you downloaded the schematic and checked the sevcon controller ? My guess is bad wiring. But contactors do fail regularly. Sevcon modules... Not as much.
" At the contactor check for 24v between the two Yel/Red wires (2-5-7, and 2-5-6). If yes check the resistance between the contactor coil terminals. Should be approximately 52 Ohms. If no voltage, check J1-19 at the ground module for voltage. If yes, check pin one of the 12 pin connector on the SEVCON. If 24v present, recheck 2-5-6 at the contactor using B- as the ground. If no voltage, repair wiring. If yes, check pin eight of the 12 pin connector. It should drop to near 0v when the machine is powered up. If the voltage does not drop, perform an electrical evaluation of the power module "

Mechanicsville804

Yessir, we have the zappi controler.
3. For ZAPI control module, check all the connections on the control module. At the contactor check for 24v between the two coil wires (41-3NMC and 23-4 PMC). If yes check the resistance between the contactor coil terminals. Should be approximately 52 Ohms. If no voltage, check between J1-13 and J1-32 during power-up. If yes, repair the wiring to the contactor.