• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 300b industrial tractor

Boobakar

Does anybody have a pic wiring diagram for 300b 1978(?) for ignition switch? Also, isn’t it just:

Wire to battery : from starter though
Wire to distributor
Wire to starter solenoid on starter

Am I missing something? Thanks for any help::

Boobakar

Hey. Thanks for the help! Where is the starter switch (#4 on schematic) on the tractor? Is it under the shift levers right in front of seat? I have had tractor for ten years and never knew it had a switch??? Thanks!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
My memory fails me. I think it is under the cover that is over the shifters. I think it will be behind left side shifter, on top, just behind the joint that separates the reverser housing from the transmission/differential housing. If it is in fact defective, there is an adjustment procedure (shims) for that switch.