• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 319E 2-speed not working.

Lsaconroe87

I am currently working on a 319E skid steer. I was able to fix the issue with the right joystick grip. Now, the problem that I am having now is no 2 speed. I have tried to find a good schematic to pin out the issue, but no luck. SN#1T0319EJCEJ263415

Lsaconroe87

Ok, so the complaint that I got, was that the left hand joystick stooped engaging the rabbit. So after looking up the codes i only got codes for the right joystick. But my buddy insist that the left joystick would activate a secondary speed to travel faster when going from point A to B. So I go into the service menu, then to diagnostic, finally to Switches and scroll down to 2-speed. It was displaying -- next to it. Did not display on nor off.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Don't know what to tell you. He insists he has 2 speed? Here is what the build code page displays.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.15.11 AM.png

Does he have more than one machine and is confusing which one has which option?

If the unit does not have 2 speed, then I would expect the readings in monitor to be --. If it had the option and if there was an issue with the 2 speed switch, then there would be codes for that switch/circuit.

Lsaconroe87

Don't know what to tell you. He insists he has 2 speed? Here is what the build code page displays.

View attachment 307600

Does he have more than one machine and is confusing which one has which option?

If the unit does not have 2 speed, then I would expect the readings in monitor to be --. If it had the option and if there was an issue with the 2 speed switch, then there would be codes for that switch/circuit.
Yes, he does have more than one machine. I'll explain it to him and will provide him with the build code for his transmission.

Lsaconroe87

What I am thinking is that he is confusing the two speed for creep mode disengaging at the left joystick. But again I have no codes for that.

Lsaconroe87

I was able to get some codes 522447.05 and code 522450.05. This was after I replaced the creep mode switch.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Those codes are for the forward solenoids for the right and left side pumps. With those codes, I usually find a terminal crimp issue within the solenoid connector.