• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 450G Brake

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That case holds somewhere around 26 gallons of oil so have plenty of buckets to drain it into. Removing the back cover is a breeze. Self explanatory. However the brake/clutch removal, while not difficult, has a lot more to it than it appears so I would wait until you have the Repair manual to explain the necessary steps. Same with adjustment of the brakes, wait for the Operation and Test manual. There are some very important safety steps to take before adjusting the brakes.

daverd4

Occupation
O/O Truuck Driver
I have a 25 gal drain pan on wheels that worked great . I got my manuals yesterday also. So I took the back off and there are nothing missing on the adjusters. It fooled me because on the right side it is on the back side which is the same side as the left. The case is spotless in side there is about 3/16 of lining on the bands is this about right for 4600 hrs? And there is about 1 inch between the star wheel and the nut on the end of the threaded shaft which I took a picture of but you really can't see it very well. Just need to know if this is all within tolerance the manuals really don't say much about this. Going to put a new gasket on the cover fill it back up with fresh oil and adjust everything like the manual says and see what happens. But would really like to know if the brake lining and that star wheel is ok.20210324_104617.jpg Don't know why everything is underlined never had that happen before

daverd4

Occupation
O/O Truuck Driver
Ok one more thought I think pressures might be a problem not sure just a thought. If the Accumulator is low or out would that affect brake function because I keep wondering why the brake pedal doesn't pump up like it should after you start it and take it out of park mode?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
While you have it drained check and clean the suction screen mounted on the front side of the case under the floor board. Yes, regardless of the brake adjustment the center pedal should rise all the way. All the accumulator does in this application is absorb pressure spikes, nothing else. I would suggest checking system and steering clutch pressures at this point.

daverd4

Occupation
O/O Truuck Driver
John Deere messed up didn't ship my gasket so waiting till tomorrow morning. Picking up a new O ring for the suction screen housing and clean that. Hope to get it back together and make some progress tomorrow. With all the sensors on this dozer would they have anything to do with the brake pressure if one was not working. Can't imagine but this is the newest dozer I've owned.

daverd4

Occupation
O/O Truuck Driver
IMG_2065.JPG Got the steering brake issue fixed. Pulled the back cover off the transmission everything was very clean. Took the suction screen out very clean nothing on it at all but found a a piece of brass something in the bottom of the can. picture included if someone can identify it for me. Changed transmission filter and then started adjusting the steering according to the book. No play in linkage but levers were pulling to fare back around 9 inches so started manual adjustment until got the pull back down to 5 inches. They were way out of adjustment and were not self adjusting according to the book the stop bolt that goes down threw the top of the case needed to be backed off a quarter turn at a time till they self adjust. I think the part I found may have come from another repair since there were signs it had been in to before. Anyway foot brake works good steering is back to where it should be. Thanks for the help

Carl03

help! how to disable the lock engine function?
komatsu pc200-8N1

it shows error code D19JKZ and we've already checked all harness and fuses. they're all okay.
the engine won't start but cranking, just won't continue

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Carl;)!

Please start your own thread in the excavator section. The Komatsu gurus won't see this here.