• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 544G & 624G loaders

FWD

I have been looking for used loaders and have narrowed down to a John Deere 544G and 624G. I have tried the 624G at the dealers lot. It seems to be a decent loader, however there is some electrical problem for the shifting, bucket level stop, and boom float. They can get the thing to go in all gears, but manually, not with the shifter The dealer said they will get this all straightened out before they sell it. What is any ones thoughts of ongoing problems like this with this type of loader? Other than these things the loader seems great.
I have talked to another dealer about a 544G, but have not seen it, other than pictures and it seems to look okay and dealer says it's good. (famous last words).
These are a ways away from me, but that's about always the case around here. 624 is 265 miles and 544 is 245 miles not in the same directions though.
Just wondering if anyone has some ideas?
Thanks!
FWD

Last edited:

quackattak

The "e" & "g" are basically same loader, the zf trans is very simple in those series, electrical system is very simple. Need to put buckets down on ground slowly & watch to see if loader frame moves back towards the cab, that will check your center pins. Should also have oil samples done of engine trans & both differentials. Also last series to have gear pump hyd's (open center). Good machines, but getting dated, 624 would have the 6.8L in it.