• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 605C with 4045T engine

muddog1975

Hello, I have a question. I have a customer with either a blown head gasket or cracked head. I have never worked on this brand or model machine and My question is this..... I am unsure if the engine is required to be pulled from the machine or can it be done in the machine( it would be really tight)? I ask this because after reading (looking for torque specs..ETC.) a free online manual, it said that certain models of machines require the engine to be pulled. But I can't find a definite answer either way. Just looking for some real world experience/ wisdom on this. Thank you in advance for any ifo/response. Take care.

muddog1975

Have not had the pleasure of doing one of those. They are tight. I would think removal of the cab would give plenty of access without pulling an engine.
Thank you, I agree it would be alot easier to do that way. I believe that the cab is hinged and may can be tilted back. I might look into that also. Thanks again for your response/help

muddog1975

Update, just checked with local JD dealer and the said cab assembly has to come off. To perform a head gasket or head replacement.