• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere dozer 450+ computer issues

okieleo

I am searching for information regarding the following situation.

Using a 450G Hydrostat John Deere dozer to establish roads and apparently there was a lot of dust/dirt being sucked in and the batteries cables arced across causing the computer to stop functioning. When this happened, the dozer was no longer functional, i.e., dead where it sat. Has anyone else heard of this problem or experienced it?
Thanks

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Not a Deere, but I've seen D10R's and D11R's develop all sorts of wierd problems from dust "invading" the electronics. Ran a 10R forever where the left clutch would stick, resulting in spinning unintentional brodies until it decided on it's own to release.

Wulf

On most machines with electronic controllers they will have a self protect function that if a short circuit or abnormally low or high voltage occurs the controller will shut down to protect its circuits. On an excavator the engine might run at idle, the monitor might switch off and the swing brake won't release... (Yes I've had it happen)

I would try disconnecting the batteries for 5 minutes and then reconnecting (like rebooting your computer) and make sure you have good battery voltage and charging system works.