• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Johndeer 260 alternator wireing?

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Had my guy to pull the alternator off the machine, he said was fairly easy, BUT lucky me he didn’t mark any of the wires on it an now we’re both in the dark. Looking for lil help here. Machine had started blowing the accessories fuse (25 amp) Pretty much blows soon as engine starts up, traced wireing from fuse to alternator, Unplugged alternator an it want blow fuse, I think it’s like a exciting wire to tell alternator to kick in, An the wire ran to a short pigtail plug an there’s several differ places on alternator with spade plug ins. Machine is a 260A, Serial number is 360381. Thx for ur time
An help
8660CFB3-726B-4C5E-9639-AA2FC6DF2F37.jpegFDE0C783-B6D4-47AB-A5E3-1A1B87E07BD7.jpegCDAD174F-747B-4C85-A0B6-9E84A96D6D17.jpegFE38F279-61E6-41E3-AFA8-4F13E153AC74.png

Delmer

B+ goes to the big cable with a loop that's hot ALL THE TIME. Ignore W for now. D+ needs voltage from the ignition switch. Check with of those wires has power switched on when the key is turned to "ON", hook that one to D+ and start it up. If the tachometer doesn't work, hook the other wire to W and see if the tachometer works.

Need a wiring diagram to see what the threaded terminal with the red insulator is for, what's the brand of the original alternator, search for a wiring diagram for that brand alternator. Second look, the bottom picture shows they're both D+, confirm continuity and use either one interchangeably.