• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Is that a D65 EX-15? If it is I hope the pump was your problem esp since you tore it all down. I had the same overheating problem on my dash 15 about a year ago. My problem ended up being a little solenoid type valve that controls the swash plate angle of the fan pump. IIRC (I'm just going off my memory. LOL) When one or both of the controllers senses something getting warm then it sends more electricity to the solenoid which gradually opens a valve that increases the swash plate angle of the pump which makes the fan turn faster. I sold the machine about 6 months ago and let my manuals go with it so I apologize if my terminology is not correct but that is pretty much how the system worked on mine. Like I said I hope the new pump solves your problem. If not I would look into that solenoid valve that I attempted to mark on your pic. Good luck. FWIW I used to lay awake at night if I knew I had to pull the seat out of that SOB the next day!!!! InkedIMG_1111.jpg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yeppers it’s a -15. Based on all the testing and erratic results I got between pressure test, flow test and running the tests with it manually set at 100% speed it had some internal issues beyond the solenoid. I wanted to tear into the old pump but it would have voided his core value and I wasn’t $1,000 curious lol.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Since it was a weird week I worked on my stuff the last couple days. Needed a work bumper on my beater truck. Scrounged up some material and had some stuff cut on a friends plasma table. Need to finish welding it and make the door latch rods but it’s close to done.

IMG_1197.jpegIMG_1199.jpeg