• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

K008 Question

ih100

Hi. I asked this on the Compact Excavator section, but so far no replies. Has anyone changed the slew ring on a Kubota K008, and if so how much of a job was it? Are the any special tools, pitfalls, etc. I'll be doing this in my own garage. Thanks in advance.

dieseltech

I haven't changed a kubota slew ring but one thing most machines have in common is the soft zone on the bearing , usually opposite side to the plug where ball bearings are inserted into the races it is normally marked with a "S" stamped into the topside of the bearing pay attention to its position when you remove the old one ( they usually positioned over one side of the track frame )
Other than that just watch out for the centre joint hoses, fittings ,grease lines for the bearing and slew cavity. Be careful when blocking the machine up to remove the track frame.
Hope this helps.