• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kawasaki 80z 3

antz

Evening all,

A friend of mine has the above mentioned loader. Was going forward in 2nd gear then lost all drive. 1st and 3rd worked for a moment then loader came to a stop. At the same time, the park brake light on the dash has come on and cant be turned off. There is no power to the park brake switch. Have checked fuses on the right hand side of the cab and all are ok. There are two lights on the 'ecu' tucked under the right hand side of the cab, EA & BZ. No idea if these have any relevance, or if what im calling the 'ecu' would have any effect on the operation of the trans.

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. IMG_7625.JPG

Oros

That unit controls transmission send serial etc let me see if I got something for you

antz

Just as a follow up, the issue was a burnt out solenoid coil on the transmission, second gear. Was causing a fault with the transmission controller. There is a switch on the side of the controller that acts as a circuit breaker. Resetting this gives drive back provided one does not select the gear with the burnt out coil (dead short). The controller is located behind a panel on the right hand side of the machine, just below the cab glass above the step.

Reactions: DB2