• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

King post/swing post prices

dabsfabs

What the going rate for having king post line bored vs new post. And how many of you do this repair for clients.

Only some idiot said I was to deer, he would sooner buy a new post. I know from a long time ago i think he was after mates rates but that another story.

Spoke to several dealerships and no one will tell what the prices are. One dealership i usually get 1 or 2 a month. But looking to get other dealers to follow the same is proving difficult.

So what is a fair price to do this? And whats the general line boring rate?

Last edited:

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
I bored and bushed 2 swing frames a few months back and I charged $1200 for each one. I find that rates vari in different regions of the US.

dabsfabs

The $500-1500 it the price of the post or repair?

I charged £750-850 for the three bores, boom to post, cylinder to post, post to chassis. That just for the post. Machine chassis is extra again. I don't this is excessive perhaps others might thinks so.

I also find rates need tweaking for different areas normally only by no-more £2-3 pounds.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Assuming the bores are bushed after boring, it's likely better than new imo

Rebush anytime.

dabsfabs

The bore are put as makers, bushes only used where bushes were. Trying to get them bush everything that bored, but the customer don't want to do it.

dabsfabs

The dealers, want it put back as manufactures spec. When I have asked keeps everything standard is their answer. They have no odd ball machines out in there market area so I can understand why, but it's also another avenue for the to make money on spares which is the bit i don't get. And don't want to seem to explore.

What I am finding is that the more of these post I do the tolerances in them varies wildly even from a manufacture. It’s nothing to have .15-.2 mm in there bushes and pins. I aim for .08-.1 mm when I finish the bore.

This could be why I some people, are saying I am too expensive.

But looking at the prices I am not that expensive when exchange rate converter done its bit.

mikebramel

The $500-1500 it the price of the post or repair?

I charged £750-850 for the three bores, boom to post, cylinder to post, post to chassis. That just for the post. Machine chassis is extra again. I don't this is excessive perhaps others might thinks so.

I also find rates need tweaking for different areas normally only by no-more £2-3 pounds.

$500 at a farm shop. Hyd rod and bored the king post to size. No good but its cheap LOL

Done well $1000-1500