• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco 150 controls not working

rscritch

I have a 96 Kobelco 150LC Mark III, its a well loved machine but had worked great. The key had some issues where the meter and cluster wouldn't all ways work but didn't seem to hurt any thing. Any ways the machine was parked about month and when I went to move it the key bent. I was able to start it with a screw driver but the controls wouldn't work. I ordered a new switch thinking maybe that would be it and put it in today and it starts right up and now the hour meter and cluster work but when I put the lever down the controls don't work. I did test the two wires on the lever and one is hot all the time and the other turns on when I put the lever down. Any one have any ideas as to why? The cluster did beep about the oil filter but I changed that today with no luck and the oil level is correct. Im looking for any ideas as the machine starts right up and runs good and Iver never had any trouble before this. Thanks!

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
your going to have to get under the machine and drop the panel behind the cab and look up. there are three coils mounted on a single block, the forward coil is the lever lock coil. It is activated when the safety lever drops. you can check for voltage at the connection. If you have juice the coil is bad, if you don't the lever lock relay is bad. wes