• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
I've never known any kobelco to use alternator signals to monitor engine rpm or set psv current. I'm still thinking of your problem and talking to another kobelco mech and we're up against the wall. As I've said you've changed every part that's changeable.

7379df

Man I wish there was a Mr. Hitachi.... You Kobelco fellas are awesome. Im sure there are alot of guys that are greatful for the help you have given !! Keep up the good work !:notworthy

jimf

Kobelco swing /stick (arm) problem
Kobelco SK 100 mark 4 ser. # YWU1110 My old girl has become mixed up. This condition has slowly become worse. When I try to swing left or right, stick starts to move in by itself. If I stop trying to swing, stick continues to come in for a few feet before it stops. If it try to do stick out it is a very violent short motion and then it stops. I have had experts telling me to check out various check valves and spools with no improvement. Any help finding root of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

tgiesbrecht

kobelco sk 295lc poor quality def displays in dash only after you re fill tank. it will derate you. if you turn key off then back on it will start and run as normal. until you refill the tank again.

I had the same issue with our 2012 kobelco 210. The mechanic was out 2 times and could not find the problem. He replaced the inline filter and checked for cracks in the system. A week later he was at a training semi ar for kobelco and they told him to make sure when you fill the def fluid that the machine is shut off. Ill call him later to see if he changed anything else on our def system. As of now the problem seems to be fixed

I just talked to the mechanic and he said that he changed the nok sensor at the end of the exhaust. Also he said that kobelco mentioned shutting off the machine prior to fill up. Apparently the computer may sense a rapid chamge in def and it can cause the alarms to go off . I hope this helps.

jimf

Thanks for trying guys but it seems you are thinking this is a modern machine. This machine is approximately 28 years old and therefore is strictly hydraulic, no electronics at all.

tgiesbrecht

poor quality DEF

I had the same issue with our 2012 kobelco 210. The mechanic was out 2 times and could not find the problem. He replaced the inline filter and checked for cracks in the system. A week later he was at a training semi ar for kobelco and they told him to make sure when you fill the def fluid that the machine is shut off. Ill call him later to see if he changed anything else on our def system. As of now the problem seems to be fixed

Tried that. We have replaced DCU, the pick up in the tank, all filters and the injector. Also replace both temp sensors and NOx sensor in the exhaust system. replaced all sealing orings. still have same problem. Even had both ECU and DCU reprogramed with latest software

grandkobelco

Occupation
Our dealership has a fleet of 170-9 and 210-9 and I've seen these codes that don't have any logical explanation and wont go away no matter what you do. You need a new muffler. To my knowledge there is no way to clean it. We have replaced a few and have reminded the customer, DO NOT LET THIS ENGINE IDLE, IT NEED HIGH EXAUST TEMPS! wes

grandkobelco

Occupation
Kobelco swing /stick (arm) problem
Kobelco SK 100 mark 4 ser. # YWU1110 My old girl has become mixed up. This condition has slowly become worse. When I try to swing left or right, stick starts to move in by itself. If I stop trying to swing, stick continues to come in for a few feet before it stops. If it try to do stick out it is a very violent short motion and then it stops. I have had experts telling me to check out various check valves and spools with no improvement. Any help finding root of this problem would be greatly appreciated.
The arm in pilot line and both swing pilot lines tee together at the swing break release valve mounted on the swing motor. There is a very small shuttle/check ball inside this tee. Is it possible this ball got lost during some past repair? Sounds to me like your swing pilot oil is backfeeding to your arm spool. wes

jimf

The arm in pilot line and both swing pilot lines tee together at the swing break release valve mounted on the swing motor. There is a very small shuttle/check ball inside this tee. Is it possible this ball got lost during some past repair? Sounds to me like your swing pilot oil is backfeeding to your arm spool. wes
Thanks for the reply grandkobelco, of the 3 tees that are attached to the swing motor/swing control valve non have shuttle or ball check valves and there is no provision in them for any. This problem started showing up very slowly and got worse with time. No work was done on this machine just before this started happening.Your train of thought on this problem is much the same as what I have been thinking is happening to cause it but exactly how it is doing it is still a mystery.

grandkobelco

Occupation
Well I double checked a hyd schematic and their sposed to be there. Have you caped off, diconected the pilot line between swing brake and arm spool to see if the prob goes away?

masb

Hello
I have a malfunction Digger kobelco 200-8 track does not move left and also comes with a reference code f023 and w001 also will not slow rotation of the stomach and often, not what is going on and the reason for the malfunction Thanks

shinigamix2x

"F023 - Failure of output transistor ON and disconnection of swing parking SOL valve. "
-> switch the swing parking brake solenoid valve with another solenoid to see if error cancels out, if not, you have to check the harness.

I don't see any code for W001 though, i've looked through two mark 8 books for SK210 and SK200 and no luck.
Best regards

grandkobelco

Occupation
The swing brake release solenoid cannot be swaped with any other sol valves on this machine. W001 means somebody has moved the swing break manual release switch near the fuse panel. The swing break release sol valve has to be replaced. wes

shinigamix2x

everyday something new to learn, thank you for sharing grandkobelco... i do know that the swing brake valve can't interchange for use, but just to swap the connector for instance with the lever lock next to it will make the code disappear to confirm if it's the harness or valve at fault, just a key-switch on approach to troubleshoot on the monitor.

jimf

Well I double checked a hyd schematic and their sposed to be there. Have you caped off, diconected the pilot line between swing brake and arm spool to see if the prob goes away?
I disconnected and capped off the line that goes from one side of the bottom tee on the swing brake to the bottom of the arm spool. Then I tested the swing action...........it performs perfectly in both directions, movement can be made very gently or quickly and the brake functions properly when you stop swinging.
I see now that the swing brake was not being released when I tried to swing and that hydraulic pressure was going to the bottom of the arm spool, so the swing motor had to overcome the swing brake in order to swing and that is why it was so jerky. Now we know this, what is to be done to correct this? By the way, the arm still moves very radically in both directions.

paulapex

I started a new thread, but this seems to be more appropriate place to ask.
I am trying to install a pulverizer attachment on my kobelco sk235srlc. It does not have the aux circuit on it. I am trying to hook it up to the main control valve. Looks like machine has the extra valve on shown as option 1 valve. But the valve is being used for swing priority. Can I disconnect the swing priority and use this valve for aux? It seems that some models come without this feature.
441994.jpg

noah d

i have a kobelco 200 mark 3 serial #yqu0408 and am wondering how many track pads there should be. i think it may have ben short tracked but not sure.