• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

wellington53

Occupation
Dairy farmer
Hello Mr Kobelco, Is there any adjustment to restrict the flow of oil in the down position for the main boom on a sk100 IV? drops too quick IMO.
Thanks.

Markus

Hey Mr. Kobelco or anyone who can help, I got a SK260-9 Serial LL14U1834 that won't auto warm up according to the operator, the setting is turned on in the menu screen but it still won't work, is there a certain temperature that it won't come on at? or is there a certain setting that needs to be on?

85b2man

hey how do u test the main computer on a kobelco sk120 ? I had the throttle motor tested by the dealer and it tests out good, when I start the ex the throttle motor makes a buzzing noise and will move a hair, this all started when 1 day it blew the comp fuse cause the wires at the throttle motor melted togeather. now that its fixed I am trying to see weather its the comp or the wiring harness

Despete51

I have a Kobelco SK200LC Mark III, serial number YQU1534. A while back the engine died suddenly during operation. After a day or so it restarted and worked OK for a while. Then it went through a period where in would start but the throttle would not work untill the unit had warmed up for 5 or 10 minutes. Now the stepper motor will not respond to the throttle at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sulli2009

I have a sk200lc Mark 3 the main CPU (under seat) has two diodes burnt up. Is there anyone in the US that can repair the CPU without the cost of a new one. looks like an easy fix if the schematics of the circuit board were available.

Thanks

oldequip

I have a sk200lc Mark 3 the main CPU (under seat) has two diodes burnt up. Is there anyone in the US that can repair the CPU without the cost of a new one. looks like an easy fix if the schematics of the circuit board were available.

Thanks

Radio shack. Not the franchise stores.

Pennies, and a 20watt soldering iron.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

oldequip

Schematic should say. And the diode type should be stamped/printed somewhere on the old diode? That's how I'd approach the replacement.

oldequip

Start With something of same size/diameter. They're measured in watts.

And they only let current go one direction. Just the matter of fatness to handle watts. Bigger is Ok.

I'd be concerned why it smoked in the first place.

Rumpelstiltskin

Does Kobelco manufacture most of their machines or are they relabeled like so many excavators? I am particularly interested in sk75sr and sk135. Thanks.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
http://www.constructionequipment.com/blog/kobelco-back-game

KOBELCO BACK IN THE GAME

“We’re getting the band back together,” says Kobelco's VP-sales and marketing, Ron Hargrave.
April 22, 2013
Rod Sutton

Rod Sutton is editorial director of Construction Equipment magazine. He is in charge of editorial strategy and writes a monthly column for the magazine, The Sutton Report. He has nearly 25 years in construction journalism, and has been with Construction Equipment since 2001.

Kobelco Construction Machinery USA’s new VP of sales and marketing is no stranger to the brand. Ron Hargrave has about 30 years of experience with Kobelco, including the early years of its relationship with CNH. That, he says, is why he’s out of retirement to help bring Kobelco back to the North American market. “We’re getting the band back together,” he told me as he detailed the interest from “legacy” Kobelco dealers and listed some of the experienced Kobelco talent on board in addition to himself: Eric Hoffman, with more than 25 years with Kobelco parts; George Lumpkin, product development, with 30-35 years; and several field representatives with 10 to 15 years.

RS: Kobelco was quiet under the CNH umbrella. How will that change?
RH: Dramatically. We will be everything but quiet. We have an excellent product of excellent quality. It will be aggressively priced and aggressively marketed.

During the time Kobelco was with CNH, the pricing got very, very expensive. So while it’s an excellent quality machine, we have to re-establish that brand. We will never sacrifice quality on the machine, but we will trim our margins. Our dealers that we’re recruiting are pleased with the pricing that we’re offering them and they will be able to aggressively attack the marketplace.

We need to get back into the game and undo some of the things that had been done. I believe the market share for Kobelco when it came out of CNH was just over 2 percent, and it went in at 13 percent. We intend to get it over 10 percent in two to three years.

RS: Who are your competitors today, and who will be your competitors?
RH: You look at the marketplace and you see Cat, Komatsu and Deere, then there’s a group of others. That’s where we’re grouped right now, and we don’t intend to stay in the group of others.

We go into dealerships where they have a competing brand and in that dealer, that particular brand is our target. Overall, we want to get market share where we’re pushing those top three. So in that other group, those are our main competitors where we’ll take market share.

RS: What is the current state of your dealer efforts?
RH: We’ve had applications from close to 70 dealers. The vast majority were legacy dealers that we’ve worked with for 20, 25 years, and that runs from coast to coast and throughout Canada. As far as signed contracts, within two weeks we should have close to 20 dealers on board. By the end of the year, we’ll be close to 55 to 60 dealers.

We’ve received backorders from 10 machines from the small dealers to up to 100 from the larger ones.

We received our first shipment of 53 machines just last week.

rsaint

Looking at buying a used 2006 KOBELCO ED150IE Blade Runner Hydraulic Excavator with around 14,000 hrs or a 2005 Kobelco SK 115SRDZ-1E with about same hrs are there any ongoing problems with either.

bob455

I having a hyd problem on a sk200-4. The engine dies down when digging? Tried adjusting pump flow still dies down ?

Morning, bob455. are you sure that the engine is getting a FULL supply of fuel? I often connect an electric inline fuel pump to be sure there is a positive input pressure after installing new fuel filters. Before doing to much I would also check manually that the fuel injection pump linkage is open as far as it can be with the positioner in high and the auto de-cell off. Does the engine make any type of smoke when dying? A failed or locked up turbo will cause you smoke and power loss also. This old Wrench

bob455

Ok thanks Old Wrench the engine is running fine turbo spulls up with some black smoke. RPM,s are at max .Hydraulic pump seems to pull the engine down to almost stull speed?

bob455 where to go next?

Ok thanks Old Wrench the engine is running fine turbo spulls up with some black smoke. RPM,s are at max .Hydraulic pump seems to pull the engine down to almost stull speed?

Bob, other things that can cause the engine to pull down could be main operating pressure to high or more likely the main pump is not shifting to a lower output flow under an increasing load ( higher operating pressure). Question, do you see or feel a difference when shifting the dash mounted mode selector? That will de-stroke the pump for either a fine control or when heavy digging with speed is needed. If you can not feel any difference, could be a fuss / fuss panel or other electrical problem (broken wire to many things) at the pump, speed sensor on flywheel housing, CPU ???? I did not ask but did this problem start suddenly? You may want to contact AKA; Mr. Kobelco Adam Faichild refer to post # 11 he moved off of the site and has a pay per month ($30pm ) and may be able to give you better info from a dealers knowledge. Good Luck!! Adam is good!
PS; I was wondering how you adjusted your pump flow, which is normally done on a test stand and can be sensitive to accomplish the balance of flow and pressure with engine speed???
the Old Wrench