• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK230-5 electrical and overheating issue

Champwise

Hi,

Make: Kobelco
Model: SK230LC - 5
Serial number: LL08-03020

Problem started with swing park brake solenoid error F-2.

I verified power and earth to solenoid. Re-ran a whole new harness from the switch to the solenoid. No effect.

I changed solenoid. Fixed it temporarily. Code came back and now Engine over heating Rapidly.

ECM pin for swing brake puts out 15V to solenoid. Swing release switch puts out 24V to solenoid.

No voltage drop across power circuit when solenoid is energized.

I've been told Putting the wrong solenoid in can cause overheating issues. Because it throws the ECM out.

Kobelco dealer ordered solenoid from picture I sent them. But the position of theirs is different. This is a somewhat rare machine in Australia.

Can anyone confirm the part number and position of the swing park brake solenoid?

Can anyone confirm these symptoms from the wrong solenoid?

Is it possible for the ECM to be faulty?

I want to sort out the original swing issue before the over heating issue in case they are related.

Attached is schematic and other info I can find.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Attachments

• SK230 - 5 Swing brake release sol.jpg
    SK230 - 5 Swing brake release sol.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1
  • SK230 - 5 Swing brake fault code.jpg
    SK230 - 5 Swing brake fault code.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2
  • image000000001.jpg
    image000000001.jpg