• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Koehring 6633 filters

danny from wi

I am working on a bit of a dinosaur in todays standards, a 1988 koehring 6633 serial#110486 and I’m struggling to find usable numbers for the hydraulic filters. I have the original koehring books but can’t seem to track down anyone who can cross the numbers. There are two in tank filters, a pilot filter, and spin on filter. I have the smaller of the two in tank filters and the spin on but I’m coming up empty on the bigger in tank return and the pilot. I was hoping someone out there maybe had crossed these to a non-koehring number and could possibly help thanks

Welder Dave

Look in a filter catalogue from Baldwin or Donaldson, etc. Koehring didn't make the filter.

danny from wi

I was able to get one of the in tank return filters crossed to a Donaldson I will have to try to dig up the number however the bigger of the two that are in the tank I was unable to find. I called Donaldson direct to see if they could figure anything out off size but they could not, I reached out to numerous hydraulic shops with no success and I also bought a WIX filter cross book from 1988 off of eBay and it also was not listed, all the other filters were in the book but not the hydraulic filters. I’m at the point where I’m contemplating modifying the tank and install a different in tank filter base so I can at least replace the filter

danny from wi

The one filter I could get is a Donaldson#550083 it is the smaller of the two in tank filters I was unable to get the bigger one or the pilot filter that is located in the side compartment. I looked at Baldwin as well as many other places and all they had was the easy ones like the spin of filter and fuel/oil/air if I remember correctly I only had success finding this filter because of size comparison or my original had remnants of a number that I could get crossed however the bigger one did not have a number on it and there wasn’t anything out there comparable in size I would greatly appreciate however if you do come across something to please let me know as I said earlier I’m considering modifying my tank. I can’t see giving up on the machine over something so simple as a filter nor do I want to risk pump damage when parts are already so hard to find