• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu 830E brake pressure fault

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
hey guys
had a problem with an 830E haul truck the other day. i had a low brake pressure fault coming up. i diagnosed it to be what the book calls a brake pressure degradation switch. can anyone tell me what it actually does. thanks

coalrulz

The degredation switch is in the wheel brake lock(shovel brake circuit) to tell you if your shovel brake apply pressure drops below 1000 psi with shovel brake on. Pressure should be up around 1500 psi normally. hope this helps

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
thanks guys much appreciated. coalrulz your spot on. i assumed this switch was to switch between normal and reduced braking (wet or dry) conditions. but after reading your comments and re-reading the manual it all makes sense.....thanks again for your help and may the zinc gods smile on you lol