• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D-41E-6 no track power

oldwhiteman

Occupation
E&I
Hi, This dozer has 4950 hrs on it, and while it will still move, it will not move under load either forward or backward. Motor will bog ever so slightly but will not stall. And it takes nothing more than a stick to make it stop moving completely. I have checked that the driveshaft is still turning while in gear and the machine not moving. It still turns left/right ok.
We had just changed the trans fluid on it and filter about 100hrs ago. To be safe though we drained it and pulled the strainer and changed the $100 filter on it again to no avail..same thing. It just seems odd that we parked it, and the next morning no power.
Iam thinking it may need a new pump but this thing is 3k from komatsu so I wanted to make sure I eliminated everything else first. Was hoping maybe someone on here might have some ideas. This dozer has the cummins engine and runs great.
Thanks ahead of time to anyone that might have some advice.

oldwhiteman

Occupation
E&I
Forgot to mention the blade works great with no issues and will lift the machine up with no problems.