• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu d61 hydraulic leak help!!!!!!

Drtdigger4

Occupation
Mechanic, operator
I have a 05 komatsu d61 that I've been fighting a hydraulic leak. I got a line that keeps loosening itself off Has anyone run across this problem before. The line is on right hand side of cab right behind the plate that's beside the seat this line has fought me for months now. I tighten it an a day or two later it loosens up and goes to leaking again any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hmm, that is unusual. I have seen hoses/lines make a kind of vibration from various causes, but rarely have I seen a line continually work itself loose.

Can you post a pic of problem fitting?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What size hose and fitting is it.

I would bet that someone has changed the hose and has a US JIC fitting on the end. The Komatsu fitting have a different angle of flare and they basically lock so tight they can't come loose. If I remember right the #6 size fitting will screw right onto the #4 size JIS fitting.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
What size hose and fitting is it.

I would bet that someone has changed the hose and has a US JIC fitting on the end. The Komatsu fitting have a different angle of flare and they basically lock so tight they can't come loose. If I remember right the #6 size fitting will screw right onto the #4 size JIS fitting.

Yeah, and a local auto parts hose shop person could easily not recognize a JIS fitting and instead fab a hose with JIC fitting. Oops.