• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Pc 210 lc

mikey531

I just a got a fine for no steps on the tracks from MSHA. I said it never had them I am not sure of the year. Do all excavators have steps?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
There are usually steps at each corner or directly under where the cab would be if turned there.

I make new ones out of bar stock and weld them on.

mikey531

There are usually steps at each corner or directly under where the cab would be if turned there.

I make new ones out of bar stock and weld them on.

I never thought of using round stock maybe re-bar? I wonder if that would be acceptable?
Thanks!

King7Two

Occupation
Owner, American Wire Supply - Heavy Equipment Expo
Was it manufactured with them?........
If it passed without them, the fine is BS.

MrKomatsu

msha has been really cracking down on these kind of things i have worked for Komatsu for many yrs...and yes the steps are part of origainal equip.

hootsmcgoots

Occupation
HE Parts, Service, & Sales
Unless I'm mistaken, then a PC210 is a grey market machine that wasn't intended for use in the US. I've seen a lot of them come without steps, seatbelts, and even handrails on PC800+.

I've always remade them from 3x1/2" flatbar. I'm sure google or this forum can give you an example of what they're supposed to look like.