• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200-7LC Slow When Cold

nickbowers

Hi Everyone,
I have a pc200-7 that for the first 10minnutes it is very slow in the track movement, the boom is a bit slow but not as bad as the tracks.
It makes no noises and operates fine once warmed up, any ideas?
I was thinking the pilot pump might be ont he way out.
Cheers,
Nick

Dr Komatsu

How long have you had the machine ? Has this just occured ?
There is not a pilot pump on the dash 7's & 8's it uses a Self Reducing Pressure Valve for Pilot Pressure.
They tend to be slow on hydraulics until the hydraulic oil temp guage turns from white to green . There is a Part & Service News about this for Dash 8's and the dash 7 hydraulics are very similar to the dash 8's anyway . You can check the PPC pressure for some of the circuits through the monitor panel . You're looking for around 30bar minimum for this.

Iron Horse

How cold is your climate ? Maybe the oil is a little heavy for your area .

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
How cold is your climate ? Maybe the oil is a little heavy for your area .

mate its victoria its freezing down there all year round. but id agree with you on the temp thing. and 10 minutes for the oil to heat up isnt that bad. its not the best thing to do but you could try going over relief to heat the oil up faster. its not the best thing you could do but it might point you in the right direction re. oil temp.

nickbowers

Thanks for the replies, it is pretty cold but we dont have a issue with any of the others(cat, hitachi kobelco ect)
Dingo PM'd me about the pump, "you basically only have oil flow through your control valve to you implements when you operate a lever"
Makes sense, maybe ill put a different oil in.

Cheers,
Nick

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Have you checked the monitor for codes while the machine is running slow?

That new of machine might have a warm up feature in the computer.

nickbowers

Have you checked the monitor for codes while the machine is running slow?

That new of machine might have a warm up feature in the computer.

There are no errors displaying, i am thinking it is not a bad thing that it makes you warm it up first just want to make sure this is by design not fault.
Cheers

John C.

Occupation
I'm trying to find my code page for Dash 7 machines. I've got it on the computer somewhere and can PM you when if find it. You have to manipulate the buttons to get the machine into the diagnostics section. I just can't remember the right buttons right now.

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
I'm trying to find my code page for Dash 7 machines. I've got it on the computer somewhere and can PM you when if find it. You have to manipulate the buttons to get the machine into the diagnostics section. I just can't remember the right buttons right now.

john is it the same monitor panel as the -8 if so its arrow up(hold in)1+2+3
if its the same as the -6 there is a button on the rear you hold in and then press the travel speed buttons

John C.

Occupation
I haven't worked on a Dash 8 so I don't know the procedure. I'm sure Dingo is correct on the Dash 7.

nickbowers

john is it the same monitor panel as the -8 if so its arrow up(hold in)1+2+3
if its the same as the -6 there is a button on the rear you hold in and then press the travel speed buttons

Unless i am reading it wrong it didn't work.
You mean hold in the up arrow for 3 seconds?

There is no button at the back of the computer.
Nick

Dr Komatsu

If you look closely at hr monitor panel you will see the digits 1 to 10 like a telephone keypad. You press down and keep the up arrow held while you press button 1,2,3 quickly in sequence. You will see a list of options, you select Monitoring by using the up and down arrows to scroll over monitoring then use the tick button to select the item to be monitored then either hold the tick button down or fill the next box with 999 and tick.

Kid

Hatachi ex200lc-2 hydralics stalling out engine

Hi im a new member had issue with this unit hatachi ex200lc-2 sn#147-70967. Every function you do stalls out the engine all functions work except lift/lower by work i mean they cycle but when they dead end it stalls the engine. but lift doesnt work it trys but stalls right away. i think it might be todo with the two sensors ontop of hyd pump no power going to them. anyone got a schematic or trouble shooting for this problem or a service manual would be best. Thanks. [email protected]

jey_c

i have a PC 300-6. when i press the rear button and the travel button (the rabbit icon under Hi travel led), all i have on the screen is something like 101 or E302. what can i do to access monitoring mode to monitor rpm an pressure?

John C.

Occupation
Hold the back button and the power up/speed down button at the same time and you will go into the monitor mode. Then you can shift through the codes by holding the back button and pushing the mode buttons. The second button on from the left makes the monitor go up through the codes. The left side button makes the codes go back down.

Good Luck!

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
the komatsu's run a different set up. im lead to believe that you cannot adjust pumps on the bash 8's as they are factory set and only the factory can adjust them.

Dr Komatsu

The Dash 8 pumps can be adjusted on the PC & LS valves for both pumps. PC valve adjusts pump absorption torque and the LS valve allows flow to be altered by adjusting differential pressure . Its a very common procedure for field engineers to perform.

John C.

Occupation
Sounds exactly the same as a Dash 7 and 6.

Nobody has ever accused me a being a "Field Engineer":)