• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC450-7EO NE sensor

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
Gday all,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of OHMS i can expect to get from a NE sensor on a Komatsu PC450-7EO. Im not 100% sure of the engine model i think its a SAA6D114E-3. Its one of the ecot3 common rail engines. I get .99 of an OHM even when i wave a screwdriver past the end of the sensor.

Dr Komatsu

NE Sensor

The PC450-7E0 has the SAA6D125E-5 engine fitted . Do you have a active fault code for the NE sensor on the machine ,whats the fault on the machine ?

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
The only fault i can remember is a high rail pressure fault. The problem is the machine wont start without using a start aid. The moment you spray something in the intake it starts. Originally we found the HP valves on the fuel pump had blown off and stripped the studs in the housing. Then found the turbo had failed. We repaired these now the machine wont start. We are confident the timing is ok as it was checked when fuel pump was fitted. When we were originally sent to the machine it was down so we couldnt start it to check everything that was wrong. The customer didnt tell us the full story from the start it seems.

Dr Komatsu

By using a start aid when cranking the engine over your tricking the engine into running . Can you list any codes in the monitor as this will really help in trying to help?.For the threads to strip out the pump is very unusual, i would look at checking the common rail pressure limiter, if this if faulty it could have caused the pump damage and may have damaged the injectors. Its fairly inexpensive for a limiter and only takes minutes to fit,same as the rail pressure sensor.

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
problem all sorted found teeth missing off the flywheel. Fitted a new flywheel machines runs like a gem.