• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu steering

Twisted

I have a D65P-8 that is having some steering issues. I believe the seals for the steering clutches are out. I have a new steering pump & the brakes work correctly. It seems the oil is spraying out where it shouldn't be & the clutches barely move.

My point is; how big of a job is it to replace these seals? I have a large shop & do most of my own mechanic work unless there are specialty tools involved. This machine is fairly new to me & the manual isn't a whole lot of help.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Twisted

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As I recall they are just like a Cat D6D. The brakes and clutches come out and you might have to pull the inside flanges for access to the pistons and seals. I don't remember for sure but I think you need a pancake press and special adapter to remove and reinstall the flanges.

Good Luck!