• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu wb140

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Well , I think I know the answer but I'm gonna ask anyway :beatsme
I'm looking at a used 140 with no cab :( , does any one know of an after market or factory kit to enclose this cab. I can't find any thing on the net. :Banghead I don't mind that its a 2000 komatsu , I'm just spoiled to a cab. I really wanted a case 580 sm ( stated in a previous thread ) but couldn't get the price right so this was next on my list. Anyway ....cab ideas ...any one ??? :beatsme

dirtmonkey

Occupation
Lol:pointhead:D. That's what I was afraid of. Won't be the first time either. Better than nothing. This Oklahoma wind gets cold :eek2. DK88 , I see your from Canada so you know nothing about that.:canada. Lol.

Last edited:

Deon

Just incase you haven't prices tractor cabs. A cheap cab is $4,000.00, and it's crap. A nice one is $6000.00 to $8,000.00.
Plus probably not even available from aftermarket companies for commercial backhoes. Maybe the Case isn't priced so bad.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
Maybe. :dizzy. The dealer just doesn't want to "deal " . I'm not crazy about paying full asking price on a used hoe.

Deon

Just keep looking and be patient. Your backhoe with cab will come along at the right price in a while. You'll kick yourself if you buy one without a cab. And if you don't want it, no one else will either and you'll loose your pants trying to get rid of it.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
Thanks for the kind advice ! Patience is not a virtue of mine. :Banghead
We found another 580 but , they sold it before we could get there. I may hold out a little longer just to see if we fall of the "cliff " but the chase is half the fun. I'm alittle OCD:crazy

ptm600

I've been looking for a 580 sm also. I've had the same issues that you've had. First choice machine sold before I got there. Second choice machine we couldn't come to an agreement on price (it needed all new rubber). So, i'm still looking. Hopefully I'll come across one over the next few months. Good luck to you also. Happy hunting!!