• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EWY'S Tree Service

I have a customer contacting me about a job in a courtyard that would require access through a low-height breezeway. I am currently away on a military construction project with the National Guard and unable to look at my machine to see if I can remove the ROPS for the job. I was hoping someone might be able to take a look at their machine and tell me if it is doable, and/or someone who has done it before can provide tips/tricks.

I have a Kubota KX040-4 with just the open station canopy/rops.

If my memory serves me right, there are two easy bolts on the back. I have never looked at the front connection point though.

Thank you very much in advance!

Steve Favia

Occupation
Retired local 150 Operating Engineer
Yep,simple as I recall 4 bolts 2 in front 2 in back,I believe there is a hook shaped rod that goes through the Rops at the bottom that has to be supported up for the hydraulics to operat.