• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota kx165-5

genis

hey there i recently bought a Kubota kx165-5. The machine is currently config in a backhoe pattern. And i want to switch it back to iso controls I'm not to sure if it has a pattern changer I've tried looking for it but I cant find it. I was thinking that the pervious owner had switched the lines straight from the valve block. I've tried to contact the dealer but they told me that the machine has been imported from china and they have no record of it
I was just wondering if anyone knows where i can get any diagrams for the valve block or if anyone knows what lines i can switch from the pilot valve

the machine serial number is JKUK1655P01H60139

Thank you for your help

partsdic

1. Identify the Pilot Valve: Locate the pilot control valve on the machine, which is typically near the control levers.
  2. Study the Lines: Observe the existing line connections and take photos for reference.
  3. Rearrange Lines: Disconnect and reattach the pilot control lines to change the pattern from backhoe to ISO. This process may involve trial and error, so be patient.
  4. Verify Operation: Test the controls to ensure they match the ISO pattern.
  5. Professional Help: If unsure, consult a Kubota technician for guidance or refer to the excavator's manual if available.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
See attached, I believe it to be much the same. Detailed instructions for free go excatech.org > Library > Hydraulic > How 2 change the operating pattern.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• KX36-kx151 Pattern cahnge.pdf
    146.3 KB · Views: 10

TorontoGuy

hey there i recently bought a Kubota kx165-5. The machine is currently config in a backhoe pattern. And i want to switch it back to iso controls I'm not to sure if it has a pattern changer I've tried looking for it but I cant find it. I was thinking that the pervious owner had switched the lines straight from the valve block. I've tried to contact the dealer but they told me that the machine has been imported from china and they have no record of it
I was just wondering if anyone knows where i can get any diagrams for the valve block or if anyone knows what lines i can switch from the pilot valve

Thank you for your help
You bought this in China or Canada?

Joe H

Did the seller tell you it was gray market machine?

Joe H

Rick Wohlgemuth

Thank you for your help
Considering buying a Kubota KX165-5. I realize they are from China. What are the pros and cons of these machines? Can you get parts readily?

TFNorth

What are parts availability in US or Canada. Does anyone have parts list for filters and other preventative maintenance items on the KX165-5. These and others are valid points when purchasing machines from China.

TorontoGuy

Considering buying a Kubota KX165-5. I realize they are from China. What are the pros and cons of these machines? Can you get parts readily?
A lot of these machines are regulated in Europe and Australia. You should be able to find part sources there.. Still not really arm's reached purchase but maybe better communication