• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota L 48 TLB

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
part time excavator/backhoe operator
Spent over two years looking for a L 48 model in the general New England area and finally gave up looking as I picked up my new L 48 yesterday in Maybrook New York.. Had a Mahindra with 11ft hoe, sold it, and now have what I've wanted for a long time.. This machine has the mechanical quick attach on the how w/ 12/24 buckets, third valve, SSL front attach and a new Diamond power angle snow plow.. I expect to get many years service out of this machine and will get working it later next week.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Gee, lamarbur, you were in my neck of the woods! What route did you take to get to 84? I'll bet you were pretty close in passing!:waving

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
I live a hundred or so feet off 84 myself. Just a 150 miles from Maybrook. I asked the dealer to do the swap in Maybrook as I use to frequent the truck stop there in my tractor trailer days.. It wasn't a T.A. then, forget the name, but nice people and good service. The dealer wnet two hundred miles and I did 150, so for both of us, it worked out superbly.

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
I had just finished loading this.. The power angle plow is on the tractor, bucket is in my P/U bed along with everything needed for the first 50 hr service. In the mounted hoe bucket is the other 12" bucket safety wired together..

Attachments

• image052a.jpg
    image052a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,600

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
Nice machine.That plow looks pretty impressive what's the size, hard to tell from the pic.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
It is a nice looking machine! I've always thought Diamond made a tough plow, I had 2 of them with very few problems. Looks like plowing will be a cold activity on that rig though!:eek2

lamarbur, if you do snow removal or even if it's just your own place, you might want to click on the site I've got listed in my signature.

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
NoBull,
the plow is 90 inch wide by 28 tall, and power angle.. All they did was cut off the tangs and replace it with a SSL plate.. THis is Diamonds new plow for skid steer type machines..

BRL

Congrats & best of luck with the new machine! I've rented them in that size range (not sure exact model to say) & they were great to use. Keep us posted when the fun begins.